Re: NaN problem solved

Bruno Chareyre said:     (by the date of Wed, 20 Oct 2010 17:53:50 +0200)

> > That's the thing that I am wondering about.  Are people who write
> > (buggy) python scripts supposed to use only debug version of yade?
> >

> > I don't like the feeling: 'ouch it doesn't work, let's recompile in
> > debug mode and try again'.
> >

> If their buggy scripts return foolish results, they are supposed to
> debug I guess.  Better than everyone spending cpu in mostly useless checks.

So this?

  assert(norm!=0); // Zero distance between spheres c->getId1() and c->getId2()

from `man assert`:

  The  purpose  of  this  macro is to help the programmer find bugs in his
  program.   The  message  "assertion  failed  in  file  foo.c,   function
  do_bar(), line 1287" is of no help at all to a user.

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |