Re: computation of MomentBending

Ok thank you, on my side I have got a case of sample creation under gravity (where particles fall under gravity and move a lot) where it happen's systematically. As soon as an external confinement (isotropic compression for instance) is applied the problem disappear. I imagine that is because in this latter case, particles are much more locked with very low angles of rotation at each time step and consequently maybe less opportunity to obtained a quaternion with a norm different from 1 after a composition of rotations.

Luc

Bruno Chareyre a écrit :
Luc, if you want to investigate nan's with quaternions, you can try rev2511 with #define Q_DEBUG. A good example to show the problem is scripts/test/chained-cylinder-spring.py

B.