Re: r2610 and later

On 20/12/10 22:00, Václav Šmilauer wrote:

>> Sorry to be annoying, but I think we do not test last changes very
>> well. It is not good. I feel some instability in results, strange
>> behavior (see packs.py and flying away particles).
>>
>> I would prefer to test such changes in separate branch. If we
>> continue to commit in trunk without testing, it will be very
>> difficult to find the root of the problem. The last working revision
>> for me is about r2608.
>
> Hi, see https://lists.launchpad.net/yade-dev/msg06458.html . Getting
> no answer, I assumed no-one was concerned. Use 2608 until things get
> settled, that's the easiest you can do now, I think.

Hi,

The problems didn't come from the replacement of
Body::setDynamic(false), since this replacement was in r2607.
Most problems probably came in r2612, in the quick hack of Newton (could
you check 2611 Anton?).
The failure on 0-density bodies was in r2612 for instance. It is partly
fixed in r2615, but I still expect problems for clumps (I don't know
this code very well and I didn't want to break even more).