Re: [Branch ~yade-dev/yade/trunk] Rev 2680: 1. Rename NozzleFactory to SpheresFactory; add derived CircularFactory and QuadroFactory. Example...

1. I would suggest that QuadroFactor is renamed to something that is english (BoxFactory, for instance?), and that we don't use center/extents for boxes anymore, it is plain frustrating (see facetBox, that is just horrible; why not 2 corner points? Much easier, maybe just for me?).

QuadroFactory can be a 3D rectangular box, a 2D rectangle region or a 1D line depending on extents non zero dimensions. So, extents is more usefull than corner points (and no frustration for me at least). And, Box is not quite correct name, I think (but I don't really like Quadro name too)..

2. The SpheresFactor::pickRandomPosition should not ask to report bug directly... It could also suggest that SpheresFactory was used in the script, but that it is an abstract class and that a derived class should be used instead. (Unfortunately, because we used pointer hierarchy and serializaiton, and the macros etc, it would be very difficult to have real abstract classes, which would not be instantiable from python; although perhaps doable).

ok

3. Perhaps you could put NozzleFactory to py/system.py in _deprecated, so that people with old script know that they should replace it with something else. OTOH it is true that it was perhaps not much used, dunno.

I think, it was not used, but I can add it to _deprecated. no problem.

4. As a suggestion, instead of CircularFactory, we could perhaps have PolygonFactory (that is what edem uses, regular polygon specified by number of vertices and radius). it is more flexible, and not much more complicated perhaps, no?

I don't know. Is it really usefull to have a polygon instead of a circle? If yes it can be added to BluePrints or required features, I think.

Best regards,
Sergei D.