Re: : Add damping coefficient to material

Klaus,
If what you want is to increase the timestep (because your steel-net
induces very small dt, right?), this change will not work. You need to
modify density in the good place in Newton, not damping. It can be done
by adding dscale parameter in the material class (hence no need to check
if it exists), which would be 1 by default, hence no need to check if it
is NaN.
isnan is not in C++ standard, by the way. I know it is used in many
places but we should avoid it if possible. I'm also not sure of the cost
of this function, it may be more expensive than comparing two doubles.