Re: [Yade-users] Optimized contact detection available

> the bottleneck is SpheresFactory which is working with new version
> incorrectly and
> cannot find places for new bodies.
I think I see the problem. Since you are using bounding boxes for
finding places, you have problems with the default Verlet distance (0.7
* mean_radius).
Your algorithm is searching place for bodies larger than what they
actually are. Setting a small verlet distance should fix the problem,
but then you will get less speedup from the new algorithm.
This is actually a problem on the sphere factory side. Using the
collider for placement is not very consistent because the role of the
collider is to tell what is "in the neighborhood of", not "what body is
overlapping with" (it was the same in the previous logic, but since
verletDist was smaller, the difference was less sensible). Checking real
overlaps between bodies is the role of Ig2 functors.
It is maybe possible to give a modified version of the "probe" function
that would account for the verletDist, let me think.