Re: [Yade-users] Optimized contact detection available

>>   (Don't use Newton::gravity though, it breaks something in your
>> script and I'm still investigating).
> It is not related to the new Newton::gravity, it only revealed another
> bug in eigen's quaternions.
> In your script, Klaus, the clump sometimes disappear, did you notice? It
> is because the axisAngle conversion of clump members orientation is nan
> from time to time
Actually, no... The nan quaternions break the display but they seem to
be harmless. The problem was https://bugs.launchpad.net/yade/+bug/923929
It is fixed in bzr3009. Below is what I get with your 02_net-wall_par.py
script Klaus (-j2, default collider setting, for 3009 this is without
gravity engine).
The speedup is only 25%. As said before, it can't be much better since
the collider takes only 14% of total time initially.
Still, all engines are a bit faster. :)

Bruno

bzr2999
Name
Count                 Time            Rel. time
ForceResetter                                     20050
7068191us                3.38%
InsertionSortCollider                              1855
29429129us               14.06%
InteractionLoop                                   20050
92135400us               44.03%
"gravity"                                         20050
23556447us               11.26%
"newton"                                          20050
57063846us               27.27%
TOTAL
209253016us              100.00%

bzr3009
Name
Count                 Time            Rel. time
ForceResetter                                     20050
7087997us                4.68%
InsertionSortCollider                               634
11046290us                7.29%
InteractionLoop                                   20050
80287582us               52.98%
"newton"                                          20050
53130390us               35.06%
TOTAL
151552261us              100.00%