Re: [Yade-users] [Question #199704]: getStress for ScGeom

I thought about that once before, It could work but it is complicated and a bit weird. It's a short term workaround to a long standing problem, and it will still be painful in the long run. Everyone coding a function using contact forces would have to remember that i->phys->force needs to be inverted depending on I->phys.get().type. A nightmare for developers.
Coding a new law would give 50% chance to pick the wrong type.

ok, I agree that the solution is just another hack and not really the conceptual solution.

I wanted to remove those "forceSign" flags when possible, adding new flags in interactions would not help. There is only one law using the inverted convention currently: ConcretePM (not counting orphan laws that will be removed soon). The only real fix I can imagine is to revert the force convention in this ConcretePM (maybe 4 lines to change), then all laws would have same convention and we can get rid of the remaining flags, else I'd prefer to keep current situation.

Or revert sign in all other materials :-D
I will change the convention in ConcretePM when times allows it.. until that time I will add useDem3dof parameter to Peri3dController, that will be removed when the convention is fixed (I guess something like in 1 month)

Jan