Re: [yade/trunk] dc0de5: Add chainId parameter to body.

2012/7/17 Bruno Chareyre <bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Very interesting! How far are you from the solution? Tell us more.

Just a few thoughts and a couple of commits. You have sounded an idea
here [1] already.

> You may give a state of the ChainedState type to the facets in order to get
> chainId, hence it would not be necessary to had it to bodies. Or even derive
> a new state type for 2D chains. I have similar plans for modeling membranes.
> It is worth the effort to find a general solution to this problem, based on
> new types eventually.
> https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.ChainedState
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/yade/+spec/chained-bodies

Ok, thanks for links. Did not see it before :)
I have created a separate branch not to mess a current code [2].

Anton

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/yade/+bug/850864/comments/7
[2] https://github.com/yade/trunk/tree/fix_facet_intrs