Re: Yade 0.95.0 ---> a remark for people doing some commits

It is very nice to produce changelogs, thank you very much Anton.
Did you concatenate things automatically?

To all, I suggest you have a look to this changelog to see how usefull
commit comments can be.
Clearly, if you keep in mind that your changes will be displayed in such
a form you will pay attention to how you type them.

Using my comments as examples, this is good:

/"Define O.engine with a default list at startup, with example script
and notes in the documentation.//
// - Updates and improvements in the triax-tutorial material//
//- smallfix in a note in introduction.rst//"//
/
this is bad, because it gives no info on where something has been changed:

/"-remove excess verbosity/"

What? Where? Why?
So, please, make sure that your comment alone gives enough information
(possibly linking to a bug or question) and that they always let one
guess what class/file has been modified

Cheers.

Bruno

On 12/03/13 22:50, Anton Gladky wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Yade 0.95.0 is available for download [1].
> The Ubuntu stable packages [2] and Debian packages for experimental
> branch [3] are ready. The full changelog is attached.
>
> Thanks all, who contributed in this version.
>
> [1] https://launchpad.net/yade/trunk/0.90/+download/yade-0.95.0.tar.gz
> [2] https://launchpad.net/~yade-pkg/+archive/stable
> [3] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=yade&suite=experimental
>
> Anton