Re: FlowEngine

Hi Anton,
This coupling is aimed at viscous (low Reynolds) regime in dense sphere
systems. It is probably an approach of choice if you are looking at
poromechanical effects or hydrofracturing, for instance. It is useless
if you are interested in pneumatic conveying of powders, on the other hand.
What would you be simulating with the CFD-DEM coupling?

For more than a couple words, you may grep Catalano in yade's
publications (namely 3 journal papers and a PhD thesis in english).
Also a few videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH585XaQEcY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzlIO4rXpJQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTG8W978A8

Regarding packaging: it has been a nightmare for some time due to the
need for different versions of some libraries (e.g. openblas was
breaking python in ubuntu <= 12.10) combined with my poor packaging
skills. I think it becomes an option in latest versions of
debian/ubuntu, at the price of a few additional dependencies
(cgal,openblas,suitesparse,metis).
I have also the plan to make a general cleanup of the code and to commit
a few example scripts.

Bruno