Von: Yade-dev [mailto:yade-dev-bounces+alexander.eulitz=iwf.tu-berlin.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Klaus Thoeni
Gesendet: Montag, 5. August 2013 08:03
An: yade-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [Yade-dev] Some update in example scripts and yade features

Hi guys

I just randomly tried a few example scripts and some needed an update. There is still more to update:
- I think we should change all randomDense-packs to returnSpherePack=True in order to avoid the warning and troubles in the future especially for new users. If you agree I am happy to change it.
- some scripts are not working, I didn't try all of them but for example example/grids/Simple_Grid_Falling.py is not working.
- I think it would be nice to group the scripts according to features

@Bruno: As you mentioned to me I think it would be good to introduce a section "Yade features" on yade's main page. An example of subsections could be:
- periodic boundary
- clumps
- material processing
- granular flow
- grids and meshes
- rock joints
- fluid-solid coupling
- general features
- ...

The subsections could then include videos and screenshots (maybe we would need to at one wiki page for each feature). Examples could then be organised accordingly.

Any comments?

Klaus