Re: Some other clump issues

Hi Klaus,

Zitat von Klaus Thoeni <klaus.thoeni@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi guys

I really like the idea of having clump properties updated, thanks Christian.
However, I found a little problem: line 121-122 in Clump.cpp. Clumps with no
physical overlap are detected with intersecting=true, i.e. try this and you
have to wait quite a while:

O.bodies.appendClumped(regularOrtho(inAlignedBox((0.,0.,0.),
(2,2,2)),radius=0.1,gap=0.0))

There should be no overlap but it seems that updateProperties is called.

I guess it is because of the numerical rounding error in line 121. The check
in line 122 un>0 should probably be changed to something like
un>-0.001*min(r1,r2) with a tolerance. What do you think?

If you think it can be improved, please improve it ...

Secondly, I think we should leave it up to the user to define if he wants to
update the properties. It makes sense to let the user choose the divisor for
the regular grid and maybe divisor=0 could mean no update.

ok, good idea.

Any additional thought on this?

Klaus

P.S.: Thanks Bruno for starting the clump discussion ;-)