Re: [Branch ~yade-pkg/yade/git-trunk] Rev 3705: Explicitly link ZLIB-library

2013/10/9 Bruno Chareyre <bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> with libbz2-dev there is no problem.
>
> Fine, but strictly speaking this is not needed for compilation. libbz2
> is enough (since it was working correctly before).
> Couldn't we avoid this new dependency?

Well, we do really use bzip2 and gz compressors in some parts
of the code [1], so the dependency on both of them should be there.

Though we do not use directly "bzlib.h" and "zlib.h"  for the moment,
the more correct way is to have them ready for compilation. -dev packages
are always installing automatically with their binaries (libbz2).

Packages, which are listed here [2] are only for compilation. It is not quite
correct way to list there their "binary-names"(e.g. without -dev suffix).

[1] https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/lib/serialization/ObjectIO.hpp#L66
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/installation.html#prerequisities

Anton