Re: Mass multiply in ViscElPhys

Thanks for your answers.
So it's clear that the input parameter kn has not the same signification
than the kn we obtain by doing kn=2*E*r with the input parameter E.
Thus, there is one more little thing I would like to discuss :
Imagine that there is contact between a FrictMat and a ViscElMat. So the
Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys will be used, and for the moment it needs
young modulus rather than stiffnesses. If the user have set kn,ks for his
ViscElMat
, and (required) young modulus for his FrictMat. It's probably a weird
user I agree, but what can we do for him, knowing that his ViscElMat.kn has
not the same signification than kn=2*E*r ? Two options (or more if you have
any suggestion) :

- Translate viscElMat.kn to a modulus using E=k/(2*r), and ignoring
massMultiply. That's bad I think, but just like setting stiffnesses and
modulus in the same simulation.
- Translate FrictMat.young into a stiffness using k=2*E*r, and multiply by
the mass if massMultiply is set true for the ViscElMat. Then compute
resulting Kn directly with stiffnesses. This looks even worse.

You understood, I vote for the first option. But I'm not sure that there
isn't an other way to do.

François