From: Yade-dev [yade-dev-bounces+jerome.duriez=ucalgary.ca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Bruno Chareyre [bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: October-30-14 8:54 AM
To: yade-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Yade-dev] Some cleaning in capillary law

On 29/10/14 22:37, Jerome Duriez wrote:
Ah, this is a clarification... I knew this was succion value dependant, but did not catch that the zero volume is inconsistent... Then, would it possible to know a validity range of the capillary data files ?

Only trial and error can tell at this point. Keep in mind that the max value is defined in terms of non-dimensional pressure pR/gamma (p: succion, R: radius, gamma: surface tension), not in terms of p.
I must say I'm not in a hurry to fix those things since we are in the process to introduce another capillary model which will deprecate this one (the work of Caroline Chalak).

A second thing is that I was thinking to commit, with the reverted fCap, the use of alpha * -currentContactGeometry->penetrationDepth for D value (instead of computation of l. 112, (*) ).
It would be equivalent to current computation, and maybe useful for periodic simulations. I'm currently using it (mainly for non-periodic cases, yet)

Yes, it makes no sense to compute penetration again, as suggested in the code comment.
You are welcome to change this.