Re: [Yade-users] (no subject)

Hi, regarding your remarks :
________________

"returns the mean stress (> 0 in tension) existing in the sample, as measured along boundary 'id', with 'id' between 0 and 5."

Because:
1/ Stress "in the sample" is not the same thing, and
2 the good point of having the same sign everywhere is that we don't repeat the sign convention everywhere.

I do not understand 1/ : now, from my point of view, triax.stress(id) corresponds to "sigma(boundary id location).n" with sigma(boundary id location) the stress tensor for the sample media (including the boundaries), at the location of boundary "id". And "n" the outwards normal vector.

For 2/, you're obviously right, but in the current state, I think this sign convention is stated nowhere once for all in the doc... So, I fear that a very little percentage of yade users are aware there is one (and what is it)