The "cutoff" criterion is purely geometric, it works independently of shapes.
Bruno

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.utils.html#yade.utils.plotNumInteractionsHistogram

On 06/07/2016 05:43 PM, Jerome Duriez wrote:

Ok, I have no particular objection to reintroduce non spherical objects in the loop.

I had a little concern regarding boundary interactions, but I can live with it if I'm the only one, especially if there is no perfect method to disregard such interactions without breaking someone else's habits.

In the end, do we agree we keep all the interactions in the loop ?

Jerome

*From:* Yade-dev <yade-dev-bounces+jerome.duriez=ucalgary.ca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Bruno Chareyre <bruno.chareyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Sent:* June-07-16 2:55 AM
*To:* yade-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* Re: [Yade-dev] [Branch ~yade-pkg/yade/git-trunk] Rev 3874: fabricTensor(): unify the behavior regarding boundary interactions whether split=0 or 1
In [1] it was a good move to remove the periodic barrier.
Filtering spheres is another independent question and I don't see a clear reason for that (testing isDynamic was maybe a bit hacky but less restrictive finally). Making split=0 and split=1 return the same thing [2] sounds good, but the problem was to filter spheres with split=0 in the first place [1]. Before, it was possible to get fabric in a periodic packing of cylinders for instance. Now it is not. Not a progress overall.

What is the problem if non spherical objects are kept in the loop? We should solve this problem without regression.

Bruno