Re: FlowEngine.ipp.in: return values of volumeCell*()

On 11/25/2016 06:46 PM, Jerome Duriez wrote:

Hi,

In pkg/pfg/FlowEngine.ipp.in, why do volumeCell() return directly a "volume" value [1], whereas other volumeCell*Fictious() functions return the std::abs() of "volume" [2] ?

Volume [1] is a signed volume and theoreticaly - at least - the sign can change over time (if one vertex go across a facet). For volume[2] the author (Ema or me I don't remember) apparently speculated that those ones would not change sign in a normal situation, which is maybe true but it doesn't have to be assumed, it could be a signed volume as well with a mechanism to keep the sign in memory (what [1] does).