Re: Mathr::ZERO_TOLERANCE vs Mathr::EPSILON

On 11/15/18 5:16 PM, Jerome Duriez wrote:
I'd thus propose to get rid of ZERO_TOLERANCE at least, replacing with EPSILON where it is currently used.
Is it worth it?...

(As for me, tolerance would for instance be  useful to know when an increasing value (x, increasing from x0 < a) can be detected as entering an interval [a,b], accounting for a possibly blurred comparison between x and a. Would you consider this as very specific ?
Why would you say that a value lies in an interval when it does not? I can't imagine any realistic situation like this. Detecting duplicates in stl is maybe a real specific situation (because writing numbers in ascii leads to roundoff errors), but I'm not sure even for that case.