Re: should we drop qt4 support? + clang-format ?

Anton Gladky said:     (by the date of Mon, 9 Mar 2020 21:54:04 +0100)

> If we drop qt4 directory completely, then we will have only qt5-version
> of this method, right?

Oh, right. And it was used for a long time, so it must be good :)
I have just updated that merge request and removed qt4 directory.
Fortunately we have GUI tests in the pipeline, so it should detect any
abnormalities :) (there shouldn't be any, I guess).

Since I have finished all the large modifications in master I thought about clang-formatting it.
But maybe somebody else has some ongoing large changes and prefers to wait with this?

If changes are small, then you could run:

   scripts/clang-formatter.sh $YOUR_FILE

and copy it onto the reformatted file. Then the only changes in the diff will be the modified lines.

best regards
Janek

> Regards
>
> Anton
>
> Am So., 8. März 2020 um 23:07 Uhr schrieb Janek Kozicki (yade)
> <jkozicki-yade@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > If we decided to remove qt4, then we need to decide which version of
> > GLViewer::postSelection(…) to use, because `meld gui/qt4 gui/qt5`
> > shows that this function is the only one that differs between the two
> > directories.
> >

> > Janek Kozicki (yade) said:     (by the date of Sun, 8 Mar 2020 22:54:07 +0100)
> >
> > > These last two merge requests have duplicate changes in both directories.
> > > The changes are identical, because I did
> > >
> > >   git diff --staged > /tmp/z.patch
> > >   # edit file, replace qt5 with qt5
> > >   patch -p1 < /tmp/z.patch
> > >
> > > but having two copies of same stuff isn't healthy. Does anyone still use qt4?
> > >
> > > best regards
> > > Janek

Janek Kozicki, PhD. DSc. Arch. Assoc. Prof.
Gdańsk University of Technology
Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics
Department of Theoretical Physics and Quantum Information
--
http://yade-dem.org/
http://pg.edu.pl/jkozicki (click English flag on top right)