Re: Joining yade-dev team

Hello,

Thanks for adding me on Gitlab, I have a few questions though :

1)
I cloned the trunk from gitlab on my machine and made the changes on domaindecomposition.py (I was using yade2020.01a before).
How should I proceed now to request the merge ?

I was thinking of simply doing:
- commit the changes locally on my machine
- push the commit with “git push origin master"

2)
There are two changes I made to domaindecomposition.py. The first one is easily spottable and should change the returned value of a method. The second one doesn’t change the returned value because the variable on which the supposed mistake is isn’t used. However, I merged the loop in which the supposed mistake is with another similar one, and I took off a “if” that didn’t seem necessary.
Should I commit only the corrections or the improvements as well ? And should I commit all those changes at once or make several commits ?

3)
I had to compile YADE again since I started from the trunk on Gitlab. I tried to compile it using 10 cores but it failed. When I tried to compile it again using only one core it worked.
Should I detail this problem as a question on the launchpad or is there a more appropriate place for this kind of problems ?

Thank you and have a nice week end,

Sacha