Re: Re : Triaxial Test

4 - I have make a rapid tour in cachegrind/kcachegrind, and if I understand well, boost operations take a significant part of the computation cost (particularly "/shared_ptr<something> sh_ptr = existing_shared_ptr/" and /shared_ptr<something>~/ ). Don't you think it could be a good idea to write specific parts of Yade, like PersistentSAPCollider, with classical pointers? I seriously think about this type of optimisations.

Forget this! My understanding of the callgrind output was erroneous! I summed inclusive costs of all boost::something. Summing _recursive_ costs gives a far more acceptable result...

More generally, I would really appreciate having your point of view on where I should start if I plan to get faster computations.

This question holds...

Bruno

--
Chareyre Bruno

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau I08
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France Tél : 04.56.52.86.21