From: yade-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Janek Kozicki
Sent: Sat 6/16/2007 6:26 PM
To: yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Yade-users] Problem with installing YADE in KUBUNTU 7.10

Hello Hoang,

I'm sorry it currently takes that long to get a reply to help you. I
had to go to a conference this week and also I'm working on the new
0.11 release.

Hoang Kien Dang said:     (by the date of Mon, 4 Jun 2007 22:44:26 -0400)

> I got an Kubuntu 7.1 some days ago and I tried to install the YADE but the
> error message was show as follow:
>
> Anyone can help me to figured out this problem? And please tell me how
> to get g++ 4.0 (or older) by command line.

You can install back g++ 4.1, you should check if it is installed
(and what version) by running from terminal a command:

  g++ -v

You should see something like "gcc version 4.1.2" and some other stuff.

Yade 0.11 will compile with g++ 4.1 so no worries. You can try to
install yade 0.11 release candidate in fact. To download the code
from subversion you need to write this in a terminal:

  svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/yade/tags/yade-release-candidate-0.11.0

It's about to release. Perhaps no more changes will be done to this code.

We are currently updating a wiki page about installation. The
installation instruction on berlios webpage are obsolete currently.
We are moving to http://yade.wikia.com , when it's done the
http://yade.berlios.de will just redirect to yade.wikia.com

So when you get the code from subversion you can use instructions on

  http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/Building_from_sources

But those instructions are too long for you, in fact. Probably
tommorow (or monday) I'll write a shorter version, which will be more suitable
for you.

--
# Janek Kozicki