Re: installing YADE 11.0 on SUSE 10.2

From: Václav Šmilauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx>
To: yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Yade-users] installing YADE 11.0 on SUSE 10.2
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:55:58 +0200

> log4cxx is for configurable logging. Without it, yade still logs, but
> you cannot say that you want logs only from this class, or that class
> - you get *all* the logs. Not a big deal.
;-)

> python works in a experimental way. Vaclav is working on it. Perhaps
> he can tell you what benefis you have from it for now. Personally I
> didn't use it much.
At the moment, it is in fact quite useless, except some special tasks (like
very limited yade console / scripting). Maybe we should make it clear that
failed optional tests are not fatal.

Vaclav

so both log4cxx and python are not necessary, ok, but I'm still getting a segmentation fault, would posting my build config.log and yade-0.11.1.pc logs help?