Re: LiveCD, installing on SUSE

alfred degennaro said:     (by the date of Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:56:55 -0400)

> We are eager to try Yade but are having cascading issues trying to compile
> and run it on SUSE 10.x .  Does anyone have a livecd version that we could
> use to test things out?

I am sorry, but I have never prepared a liveCD of anything - doing
this is currently out of the scope of yade development. Rather we
need to focus on the core issues. Vaclav mentioned earlied that he
could try to create a statically linked yade binary.

I can, however try to install yade on SUSE inside vmware, to see what
may be your problems with installation. Please give me a CD or DVD
download link that I can use to install SUSE in vmware. But I have
never used SUSE and my experiences with .rpm based distros are 9
years old, so I still can fail miserably. On the other hand, you can
try kubuntu :)