Re: Install YADE on-64bit CentOS 5

Hi,

It seems I have found an easy and quick solution for the installation on the
64bit linux distros, because the scons didn't know the compatible qt-mt is in
the folder /usr/lib64/qt-3.3 instead of /usr/lib32/qt-3.3, therefore what I
did was add this directory to the QTDIR variable in the scons.config file
after it is generated by scons' first run, so it will look like this:

PREFIX = '/home/username/YADE'
optimize = True
exclude = 'none'
features = 'log4cxx,python'
QTDIR = ['/usr/share/qt3', '/usr/lib/qt', '/usr/qt/3', '/usr/lib/qt-3.3',
'/usr/lib64/qt-3.3']
CXXFLAGS = []

it goes well now!

PS: this is not the final solution I think, I didn't have time to explore the
SConstruct file. However we don't need to compile qt and QGLViewer, and, I
cannot find qt-3.3 installation package on the trolltech homepage.

With best regards,

Feng, Chen
Graduate Student
University of Tennessee, Knoxville