Re: Any idea to calculate the total no overlapping volume of the particle assembly?

I'd sample the whole space (dimensions x,y,z), then calculate
occupied_volume=(#hits/#samples)*sample_volume=(#hits/(x/dx*y/dy*z/dz))*x*y*z. I did this for tetrahedra once, it worked pretty well. It will be probably quite slow if you do it at every timestep, but will work in all cases.

Less generally, you would consider that there is no situation that 3
bodies occupy one point (can be quite reasonable an assumption). The
you'd sum all particle's volumes (constant) and then for each
interaction, subtract once the volume (some geometry) that is doubled by
the overlap. But it will work on unbounded space only, i.e. you'll get
V_the_whole_spherical_arrangement, not V[red].

Vaclav