Re: YADE documentation

> Mr Smilauer: i am starting to use Yade for my PhD research on
> modelling railway ballast for high-speed trains and as you pointed in
> your article, the first dificulty i find is the lack of documentation.
> You mentioned two-half functional articles that i can´t find as the
> links provided are no longer available. Could you please point out or
> send me any documentation you know to that is usefull to using this
> software? I am currently most interested in performing triaxial tests.
> Best regards.
> José Pedro Cunha
Hi Pedro, (you better ask on yade mailing list
yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, where you will get response for many more
people than just me; moving discussion there.)

It hasn't changed much since time I wrote about lack of docs, but Janek
starts his 2-year postdoc in Grenoble now and he will (I hope) produce
some documentation.

For triaxial tests specifically, it is Bruno who wrote the triaxial test
classes and recently he commited nice documentation on that to current
SVN trunk (in pkg/dem/PreProcessor/TriaxialTest.hpp). I am modifying
TriaxialCompressionEngine now to make it a finite automaton, since I
will use it, too; but that is probably different story. Before you start
to read Bruno's comments on triax, make sure you understand how Yade
works: every iteration is loop over "engines" that operate on bodies in
different ways.

Regards, Vaclav