Re: YADE Documentation

Hi José,

> For instance i would like to know how do i see the stress strain

Stresses, strains are printed in a text file during computation (default
name "WallStresses", you can define a different name in the interface).
> behaviour after a triaxial test and how do i edit the triaxial test in
> order do create an aglomerate with my chosen sizes of balls.

The generation of balls is made after line 271  of TriaxialTest.cpp :

vector<BasicSphere> sphere_list;
message=GenerateCloud(sphere_list, lowerCorner, upperCorner,
numberOfGrains, 0.3, 0.75);
vector<BasicSphere>::iterator it = sphere_list.begin();
    vector<BasicSphere>::iterator it_end = sphere_list.end();

    for (;it!=it_end; ++it)
    {
        cerr << "sphere (" << it->first << " " << it->second << endl;
        createSphere(body,it->first,it->second,false,true);
        rootBody->bodies->insert(body);
    }

This result in a uniform ditribution between min and max radius (I just
realized that min/max radii are hardcoded here, they should be included
in the interface to be modified without the need of recompiling).
For the moment you will have to modify those lines and

> And as Mr/ /Smilauer said: "//Before you start to read Bruno's comments
> on triax, make sure you understand how Yade works: every iteration is
> loop over "engines" that operate on bodies in different ways."
> In order to study that, is there any documentation that explains that or
> do I have to look at the code?

There is something written I think. You should checkout the SVN
repository and look for a "doc" directory (it is a very old version, but
basic concepts should be there).

Also, I'm sending you a journal paper (unpublished yet) in a separate email.

Bruno

> Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience.
> Best regards.
> José Pedro Cunha

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 00