Re: TriaxialTest::generate wall thickness

Luc Sibille a écrit :
> I think I missed something in the definition of the walls for the
> TriaxialTest: why do you need to attribute a thickness to the wall?

Because they are not walls, they are boxes with finite
length/depth/thikness and mass. They can be dynamic, unlike the "walls"
we use usually, which are infinite planes (they can also have contacts
on each of 6 faces).
We should implement infinite walls in fact, as they would take less time
for contact detection.

In ElasticContactLaw.cpp, why the code with 'approximated rotations'
is used, or in other words, is there a particulier reason to comment the
code with 'exact rotations' ?

"Approximated rotation" is much faster (this is Janek's work). Having
the exact version commented (rather than nothing) is good, so you can
always switch to exact rotations by commenting/uncommenting each method
and benchmarking.

Going back to marking students, so borring!...

Bruno

--

Chareyre Bruno

Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble
Laboratoire 3S (Soils Solids Structures) - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43