Re: Simulation with 100,000 sphere

> Have anyone ever run a simulation with 100,000 spheres? I run one with my desktop and it takes forever for one loop. I let it run 4 hours and no thing happen (in null GUI). My desktop is AMD 6400, 2gb RAM,

Hi, I was recently running (for speed measurements) TriaxialTest with
40000 elements. It took maybe 5 minutes before the simulation started,
then it ran at steady speed. The figure linked below shows #elements and
time per iteration graph, it is nicely linear, so I would expect about 1
iteration / sec with 100000 spheres at my computer (slower than yours).
RAM requirements are negligible, I didn't notice any bump on the RAM
monitor in the panel.
beta.arcig.cz/~eudoxos/temp/yade-triax-speed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I didn't investigate what was the cause of the lag at the beginning -
either root body initializers or first run of the SAP collider that has
to fill its bound containers. I may profile that with kcallgrind, but I
fear in that case those 5 minutes would take forever.

Regards, Vaclav