Re: Simulation with 100,000 sphere

> I also need to do large scale simulation which may need to do around
> 500,000 for field engineering case. but instead of using YADE I have
> to develop my own code to do this, :(.
> In my opinion, the CPU computing time is the most important issue in
> DEM, while the memory is determined by the total particle number, and
> you data-structure design, 2GB can do a lot for a 2D case, for 3D case
> you may need more memory. but the momory requirements will not change
> much when your total particle number is defined.
Since Bruno just began hunting bottlenecks, Yade could be useful even
for 5e5 - in the current state, one iteration would take about 5 seconds
(by extrapolation).

> hi, Vaclav,
> is it possible that the 5 mins used for packing or sample preparation
> to fill the container? I just guess, for my case, it takes some time
> for this step and then enter the cycling.
No, I was loading that file from .xml and it took that time after
starting the simulation that had been already loaded. I think Janek
(ping Janek ;-) ) could comment on this, the PhysicalAction containers
can take a lot of time to initialize.

Vaclav