Re: how much disk space is it needed to install YADE?

> I am install the YADE and compile the source, while my hard drive has
> 1.1 GB space, and before the compiling is finished, I hase only 400MB
> left, I am not sure whether totally 1.1GB is enough or not. Anyone knows?
On my disk, the version with debugging symbols (default) takes about
1.5GB in the build-* directory and 505M in the install directory. For
the stripped version (which is, normally, the optimized one), it is
220MB+65MB.

I would recommend having both compiled and installed, since crashes
(yes, a crash _can_ happen in yade) give you backtrace in debug mode.
And if you optimize, your code is 2-3 times faster.

Getting 2GB extra disk space is just deleting a few photos/music/videos
from your disk, right?

Vaclav