Re: svn-bzr alternative / Live CD/DVD

Daryl Begaye napsal(a):
> Ok, so I'm very close to finishing the Live Yade CD/DVD but there
> seems to be an issue between bzr and python, and it seems that the svn
> checkouts don't work for me.
> Heres the error I get when using *bzr branch lp:yade*
>
> bzr: ERROR: socket.error: (110, 'Connection timed out')
Your network doesn't probably allow this traffic; since I think that
branching runs over plain http by default: are you behind a http proxy?
If so, have a look at http://bazaar-vcs.org/ConfiguringBzr (set
http_proxy env variable or set http_proxy in config file to make it
permanent). Does wget work for you on some arbitrary file?
>  is there an alternative way to download the snapshots of yade?
There are weekly snapshots here: http://geo.hmg.inpg.fr/~smilauer/yade/
(it is debian source repository; you can use it with deb-src in
/etc/apt/sources.list or just download tarballs with sources). You could
event use the source package for the whole building process:

add deb-src http://geo.hmg.inpg.fr/~smilauer/yade/ to
/etc/apt/sources.list, then "apt-get source yade-svn1431", "cd
yade-svn143_1", "fakeroot-tcp debian/rules binary" and you should end up
with 3 packages (optimized, debugging and headers).

Regards, Vaclav