Information for those run YADE's OpenGL window with compiz fusion

Hi,

I here provide a piece of information to those using Ubuntu Hardy Heron (gnome desktop). I have a new laptop which comes with Intel (GM965) x3100 integrated video card (It is said ATI cards has the same problem), Hardy will automatically recognize the Intel driver, however, any application using OpenGL does not work right. After searching the web I found it caused by Compiz (although I understand Compiz's argue that it is not his fault), the complete bug report is as described here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/96991

So if you want YADE's direct rendering to be fine, disable compiz in Ubuntu by:
Right click on the desktop, select "Change Desktop Background", click
"Visual Effects", click the "none" option.
OR other equivalent command in console.

Hope this information will help.

Feng