Re: Bedding angle,Triaxial Test

Hello Mohammad,

For the moment, the stress-strain control will not work on a rotated box.
But is there really a reason to rotate the box, can't you just rotate
gravity instead?
If you have no gravity, there are even less reasons to rotate things, as
the physical problem would be exactly the same (it is easier to rotate
your screen a little ;)).
Another way is to generate a triaxial sample in xyz axis, then fix the
boundaries positions and rotate everything (spheres+walls) when
reloading the sample.

Bruno

mohammad islam a écrit :
> Hi All,
> I want to generate particle in a box having specified base angle.At
> present particles are generated randomly.I want all particle
> arrangement will be in certain rotation or bedding angle will be in
> specified rotation.To specify certain rotation to particle seems to me
> a little difficult but if the rotation of box is possible to certain
> angle(without changing the loading direction) or stress that is
> applied(changing the loading direction and keeping constant the box
> with particle), if possible to apply at a specified angle it will
> solve my purpose.
>
> Any idea will be appreciable.
>
> Regards,
> Mohammad Nurul Islam

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43