Re: Characteristics of the program

> I am interested in changing my computer, having thought as principal use to the program YADe. I am interested in knowing if YADe 0-12.0 is compatible with a computer of 2 or 4 microprocessors. My question is directed escencialmente if the software was taking advantage of all the virtues of a microprocessor of these characteristics.

Yade will run on any computer (even with 1024 processors), so it is
"compatible", but it always uses only one computing core. Some
parallelization can be done with ParallelEngine class (using openMP),
but speedups are not very clear.

BTW, Sega, I wanted to ask you independently: could you document your
findings on advantages of parallelizing? Did you parallelize
constitutive law as well, etc?

Vaclav

PS. You cannot say "esencialmente" in English; "esentially" is the right
word ;-)