Re: compiling problem with yade-0.12.0

May I ask what is needed currently in terms of compiler?
Do we really need to upgrade to intrepid? I guess no...

Bruno

Jerome Duriez a écrit :

Luc Sibille a écrit :
Hi,

 I am switching to yade-0.12.0 a little bite late.

When I want to compile Yade-0.12.0 I obtain the following error (I've got Boost 1.34.1 installed):

scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
C core/Body.cpp
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-fopenmp"
core/Body.cpp:1: error: bad value (native) for -march= switch
core/Body.cpp:1: error: bad value (native) for -mtune= switch

Hello Luc. If I remember well, compiling with "openmp=0" will let disappear the first type of error. For the two others, it is because you don't use the good compiler : you need g++ with version >= 4.3. But for that you will surely need to update your Linux distribution (to Intrepid). Very sincerely GOOD LUCK !

Jerome

PS : you can give a look to http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.physics.yade.user/1239 and http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.physics.yade.user/1244

Chareyre Bruno
Maitre de conference

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43