Re: Strain compution in Triaxialstresscontroller

Hi,

  There is several definitions of strain, see for instance the page
about strain computation in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deformation_(mechanics)

If I'am right (but please verify to be sure):

** Log means ln (natural logarithm),

** The way to compute strains in Yade is valid for large strains (or
large transformations), whereas the definition
epsilon=(length-length0)/length0 is valid under the hypothesis of small
strains.

** compare the results given by ln(length/length0) and
(length-length0)/length0, it is quasi the same for strains lower than
20% to 30%, when strains become too much important
(length-length0)/length0 is no longer valid.

  Best

  Luc