Re: [Yade-dev] moment calculation and rotational speed problem

Hi, Dear Bruno,

Thanks for your rapid reply.
but for a real condition---assume a compression test,
just change the v from 20 m/s to 2 mm/s --this is a reasonable speed for
compression test
It will get a rotational speed will be 0.5rad/s (about 30 deg/sec) after a
1e-6 sec , well it is a very large value than I expected .
The rotated angle is delta_theta=0.5 rad/s * (1e-6 s) = 5e-7 rad = 1.5e-5
deg (rounded by assuming Pi=3)----well, this looks like reasonable .

one more question:
since in a rock, the particle is restrict by the cementing like material
between the particle, can we assume the particle can rotate freely as what
we calculated in here? Especially when the contacts on one particle are
many, the resistant force will be large and so the resistance to rotate is
also very large, it is not easy to lead to rotate with external moment
disturbance.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Kan