Re: Time Series Forcing implementation in python

On a previous post, it was recommended that I use PeriodicRunnerEngine
to apply a time series of forces to particles.  Could you instruct me on
how to implement this engine in python?  Or, if you have a better way to
implement such a time series, please let me know.  However it would not
be feasible to interpolate the data.
How do you have your data given? If it is a time-series, you will probably have to interpolate, since otherwise the simulation would depend on the time step. Does the force change at every step? And so on. For some scenarios, it can be better (from the performance perspective) to do it in c++, for other it is simpler in python. Then we will be able to determine the best way to do it.

Regards, Vaclav