Sheltering Implementation (force reduction based on relative position)

I am looking for a way to reduce the force applied to a particle based
on its position relative to other particles.  I am using python
scripting for my code, and I do not know how to reference a particle's
position or velocity in python.  Is there an engine already in Yade that
could accomplish a force reduction based on relative particle positions?
If not, do you know how I could create one in python or C++?  I am
currently using the InterpolatingDirectedForceEngine to apply a time
series of force magnitudes (read from text file) to particles.

Thank you,
Roger
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by the user
rbarnold (https://launchpad.net/~rbarnold12)