Re: What should I know to start YADE using/programming

I do not know if it is the best but I write here instead of the site.

From my experience : I feeled that the time I spent to learn a bit C++ was not lost : it helped me to find some known structures and characters in the ocean of code I had in front of me at the beginnings. Quite good when you have nothing to hang at...

For the other things, I'm very not up to date (and the activity of these last days let me think that this will be incredibly worser and worser) with the latest Yade facilities so I'm not sure my opinion is to be considered. But it seems to me that Python is not too much complicated, taking moreover into account the fact that some examples exist (and that Vaclav always answer rather quickly to such questions on the list, thanks to him !!) And I do not even know what is this MatPlotlib ?? I guess it is for plotting results. In my case, I use always Recorder-issued files and Matlab. I find it satisfying.

Jerome