Re: YADE in background

Anton Gladky said:     (by the date of Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:07:56 +0200)

> Hello!
>
> Is it possible to start YADE in background like a daemon? And if yes, is it
> possible to see its parameters during simulation?
> I'm planning to start YADE on Ubuntu Server 9.04.
> Should I use "screen" command?

yes, definitely. screen is great for background calculations. I use
it all the time. Look for some screen tutorial on the web.

inside screen command Ctrl-A-?  gives a list of all keybindings.

most often used are

Ctrl-A-C create new shell
Ctrl-A-N next shell
Ctrl-A-P previous shell