Triax profiling on cluster

https://yade.hmg.inpg.fr/index.php/Triaxial_Test_Parallel

I got interesting results on the cluster. The fastest run is obtained with 5 cores (trying with more now). I included results on 200 steps on a dense packing (10k + 200 steps), which confirm the great improvement on collider time thanks to Vaclav.

Strange part : the base time in single thread is bigger than the one obtained by previous testers on other machines, and looks not really fast compared to my old PC. I suspect not optimized compilation or something.

Could it be linked with these messages we have when starting the jobs? :

WARNING:root:WARNING: job #1 wants 2 slots but only 1 are available
WARNING:root:WARNING: job #2 wants 3 slots but only 1 are available
WARNING:root:WARNING: job #3 wants 4 slots but only 1 are available
WARNING:root:WARNING: job #4 wants 5 slots but only 1 are available
WARNING:root:WARNING: job #6 wants 2 slots but only 1 are available
WARNING:root:WARNING: job #7 wants 3 slots but only 1 are available
WARNING:root:WARNING: job #8 wants 4 slots but only 1 are available
WARNING:root:WARNING: job #9 wants 5 slots but only 1 are available

Bruno

--

Chareyre Bruno

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43

Follow ups