Re: explicit 2nd order scheme

OK Bruno,

thank' s for this explaination.

Just two points:
i) this "explicit 2nd order finite difference scheme" is called half-step
"leap frog" scheme
(Hocknet 1970, Potter 1972, cited in
*Computer Simulation Of Liquids** by Allen
<http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/by/allen/549/>, Tildesley
<http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/by/tildesley/116428/>, M. P.
Allen<http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/by/m-p-allen/517561/>and D.
J. Tildesley <http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/by/d-j-tildesley/587821/>*)
ii) Because the scheme is a "leap frog"  scheme, the velocity is not
computed at the same time as
the accelerations and the positions...
Accelerations and positions are known at time *t
*and velocities are known at the time *t-dt/2* (or *t+dt/2*)
In YADE, only the "sign"  of the velocity is used (for damping).
Nevertheless, in YADE, we use velocities  at time *t-dt/2 *to * *"damp"
motions
computed at time *t*.
The error made here is probably very very small.....

Gael