Re: DEM equations, written down.

(16) is supposed to update shear force F_s (vector):

	F_s=F_s+K_s*ΔX_s

but this is not correct, since you add ΔX_s (which is in the _current_
contact plane) to F_s (which is shear force from the previous step, i.e.
in the _previous_ contact plane)!!
I don't understand the problem. F_s and ΔX_s are in the global coordinate system, not in any contact plane.

 Not a single word about transforming
F_s to the current plane first, which must be done and really happens in
yade code [2].

Rotating the previous force to account for the rotation of the pair and computing the new force increment are two independant things. There is no constitutive behaviour in a simple rigid-body rotation, so it is correct to not mix the two problems I think.

Anyone has a good reference to a serious (preferrably reviewed &
published) paper [1] describing the incremental algorithm accurately?
I'll see what I have.

Bruno