Re: how to run the example files?

When I put the command in terminal (Ubuntu) like

sayeed@sayeed:~
$ /home/sayeed/yade-0.20-2/scripts/test/regular-sphere-pack.py

I get error

bash: /home/sayeed/yade-0.20-2/scripts/test/regular-sphere-pack.py:
Permission denied

That script is not executable, you have to run it with yade proper (did
you compile it, right?), something like this:

$ cd ~/yade-0.20-2/scripts/test
$ yade-0.20 regular-sphere-pack.py

where yade-0.20 is binary that you can run; you might need to specify
path like ~/bin/yade-0.20 or change the -0.20 part depending on your
installation.

If you are new to yade, though, I would recommend running latest
version, as it will become basis for 0.30, due to be released in few
weeks (https://launchpad.net/yade/+milestone/0.30-0), which is (of
course) much better. The process is escribed on the wiki
https://yade-dem.org/index.php/Installation_of_yade_on_debian_or_kubuntu#Latest_development_version_from_sources, but hage someone fluent with Linux at your hand. If you stay with 0.20, you will be not harmed, though.

Cheers, Vaclav