Python documentation : yade-epydoc

Hello,
I'd like to really learn python. So here is a first main question, following by other less important :

- I tried to run yade-epydoc.py, but it did not work :

jduriez@c1solimara-l:~/YADE/bin$ ./yade-trunk /home/3S-LAB/jduriez/yade/doc/yade-epydoc.py
...BLABLABLA....
Running script /home/3S-LAB/jduriez/yade/doc/yade-epydoc.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./yade-trunk", line 112, in <module>
   execfile(args[0])
 File "/home/3S-LAB/jduriez/yade/doc/yade-epydoc.py", line 13, in <module>
   from epydoc.cli import cli
ImportError: No module named epydoc.cli

- Is there in Yade documentation already a "real reference" for python ? I saw in https://www.yade-dem.org/sphinx/basics.html#creating-simulation this phrase about python "Since this topic is more involved, it is explained elsewhere FIXME", but I could not find anything. This is probably linked with the "FIXME", but I wanted to be sure. (there is here obviously no offense, I love this growing documentation !)

- I saw that I can have help in the python shell of yade itself by typing "?" at the end of the python command I want to discover. So just a remark about what I read in utils.sphere? : some example lines let appear a function sphere(...) which gives me an error when I try this ("name 'sphere' is not defined")

Thanks !

Jerome

--
Jérôme Duriez
ATER Iut 1 Grenoble, département GMP - Laboratoire 3S-R

Follow ups